Thursday, April 10, 2014

CATCH-UP SHARES!!!

Hiya!! I hope everyone has had a good weekend. I'm sorry it has been a while since I last posted.... It seems no matter how hard I try, something always happens, causing me to fall further and further behind in my posts!! Jet and I have both been quite sick these past couple of weeks. As I'm sure many of you know when you have the flu and also a child that does, you don't feel like doing much other than resting, and making sure your child is okay and comfortable. I'm still not 100%, however I an far better than I was and this means I am finally able to start catching up with my blog posts, and my scrapbooking!!

I have a couple things I'd like to share with you today. First up is my most recent creation for CSI, case-file 115. This was a very beautiful feminine palette, that I knew would be perfect for a photo of my nieces Alyssa and Kayla. After all, why not create a layout of two beautiful little girls for a challenge inspired by an image of a girl?

Here is an image of the case:
 

For the evidence I have used:
Hearts: The white Ingvild Bolme heart gear on the lower left hand side of the photo.
 Grid/Mesh: I have used a grid stamp on the background and my Prima netting mask, which is basically a grid on an angle.
Boats: I have used a small wood veneer boat to the left of the page.
Flowers: As always lots and lots of gorgeous Prima flowers!!
Rub-ons/Stamps: As mentioned above I have stamped my background.
Pen work: I have used a black pen to draw a freehand border around the outside of the page.
Mixed-media background: I have created a mixed-media background using a combination of gesso, texture paste, masking, stamping, mist, acrylic ink, and watercolor paints.

My testimony was inspired by the Free-write prompt, and also includes the inspiration words dreamy (I have used dream) and imagine.

My journaling says:
  ' You two are the sweetest little girls I know, and while I'm not technically your Aunt, even though that is what you call me, I consider you my nieces and I love you both very much. You are so lucky to have each other, I was never fortunate enough to have a sister to share my hopes with, to dream about the future with. You are still so young and there is a whole world out there waiting for you. You can have everything you imagine, as long as you never give up hope. I know that at the moment you are too young to really understand much of what I am saying, but as you get older you will. Just remember to look after each other, trust each other, and love each other, the bond you share as sisters is not something that can ever be forgotten or replaced. I look forward to watching you grow from the beautiful little girls, and darling sisters you are now, into the amazing young women and best of friends I know you will one day become.'

'Darling Sisters'

  
Some close-ups for you:


 As always, I have used lots of gorgeous Prima on here, flowers, wood-icons, newsprint frames, and junkyard findings. All the chipboard I have used is from Dusty Attic, the frame has been painted white with gesso. The butterflies were given the same treatment, followed by a light touch of watercolor.


Lots of layers and dimension.


The layers beneath the photo consist of many different sheets of paper from various brands, calico, some embellishments, and lots of foam tape.
The little sailing boat, and camera veneers are from Studio Calico.


Once again I have framed my photo with twine, both waxed and baker's twine.
The little banner was made using scraps of paper left over from those used in the layers.


As I have always done, I left the title until the very last moment. After some consideration I decided I had no choice other than to place it at the bottom of the page, as it looked wrong anywhere else. Though I must admit, it wasn't until after I have drawn a border around the page that I was truly happy with the placement.


 One reason I use watercolor so much is the beautiful effects it can create, but sadly it is also very unpredictable and does not always do what you want it to. This time however it turned out perfectly. I really love this background, and this section in particular. I wanted it to be a feature on the page, though I will admit, balancing the page and leaving this section uncovered wasn't as easy as it may seem.

This is definitely one of the best girly pages I have created in a long time!!



Next up I have a layout to share with you that is very, very special to me, as my Son helped my to create the background by splattering watercolors, and spraying mists. But the main reason it is precious to me is because it has his actual hand-print on it. The idea to put his handprint onto a layout happened quite by accident. I was working on the background with Jet and he decided to stick his hand in some paint I had just mixed. I didn't think much of it then, just took him inside to wash the paint off. It was when I was drying his hands that I began to wonder how a layout would look with his actual hand-print on it. I figured it couldn't hurt to try so I took him back outside, and this time helped him cover his hands in paint, before placing it onto the page.

'Look At Me!'


 I have used papers and embellishments from a huge range of brands including Prima (of course), MME, Studio Calico, Kaisercraft, Basic Grey, Collections Elements, Dusty Attic, AC, The Crafter's Workshop, and My Little Yellow Bicycle. Not to mention the variety of mixed-media products used to create the background.

Details:


I have randomly painted the edges of all the paper layers, and my photo, with a thick coat of gesso to add texture and dimension.
 The small green embellishment that says 'Smile' is actually a dimensional sticker from a kids sticker book, that I found in the local 2 dollar shop. I'm continually amazed by the things you can use to scrapbook, many of which are found in the most unlikely of places.


Some gorgeous Prima flowers!! My layouts just wouldn't be complete without them!
It's a little hard to see because of the color, but the peg says, 'More of This'. 


MME brads, Prima flowers, and some Studio Calico flair!!


As you can probably tell, this layout is not as bulky as I usually make them..... Yes it still has a lot of dimesion, just not as much!!
As you can see I have tucked some small embellishments (Studio Calico wood veneers, Prima Roman Numeral's and some flowers) in amongst my paper layer's, along with some black lace around my flowers.


Jet's hand-print! I would have preferred it to be a little further up the page, just a few centimeters, but trying to get a 2 year old to place his paint covered hand where you want it is a little difficult.... at least it ended up on the paper and not Mom's outdoor dining table!!


More flair badge's!! I really love these at the moment, though sometimes I struggle to find a place for them on a layout!!


I really love the effect on this chipboard arrow. It was covered with a thick coat of Ranger Liquid pearls, and while it was still wet I laid a piece of plastic on top, only for a few seconds, and when I lifted it of it created all these ridges. I then sprayed it with some mist. I will definitely have to try this again, maybe on my background next time!!

That's it from me today as it is almost midnight and I need some sleep! Thankfully I'm not as sick as I was so hopefully now I can finally start to catch up on my blogging instead of just falling further and further behind..... I have so much to share still!! I hope you have all had a wonderful week and that you have a great weekend!! See you soon!! Xoxox

1 comment:

Thanx for stopping by and for taking the time to leave your lovely comments.... xoxox!!!