Thursday, October 8, 2015

YOU AND ME

Hi guys!!! I hope you are all well!!! 
Today I would like to share with you this layout I made using some of the awesome new chippies, and one of the stencils now available in the Dusty Attic Store.

'You & Me'


I have used paper from the mental vacation collection for my background, covering it with Gel medium then creating a watercolor effect using mists.
I have then used black pen to doodle some stitching around the border and trace some arrows from Dusty Attic's new Feather and Arrows Stencil.

Some details:


I absolutely LOVE!!!! all the new feather chippies from Dusty Attic.
I have taken the Feather Charms #3 and given it a thin coat of White SPLASH! Ink, slightly watered down so that it did not fill in the engraved pattern on the face of the chipboard. When that was dry I very carefully began painting it with various colors of Twinkling H20's. I have used a very tiny paintbrush to color some of the very small detailed areas. 
When I was happy with the final result and it had dried I wrapped some sparkling Turquoise thread around it.


The leaves #2 one of my 'go-to' pieces for a lot of my creations lately. they look great and always add a little something extra to any layout!!
These have been painted with a few different shades of Green using 13 Arts Matte Paints.


The Lacey Nameplate was simply given two coats of Gesso before being painted over with a thin coat of White SPLASH! Ink, which makes it much more pure 'White' rather than the off-white of the Gesso.
I have placed it in among the paper layers that make up my photo mat.



I have taken one of the Nameplates and one of the end pieces from the Vintage Nameplate Set and simply colored it with black ink. I have then cut the Nameplate in two, placing the smaller side among the paper layers on the right of the page. I have placed the larger side on the left adding the end piece beneath it.


The title is from the new Mini Captions #7. I have painted it with a rough coat of Gesso then added color using the same Twinkling H20's that I used on the feather.
I have placed it at the bottom of my layout on a couple of strips of Washi Tape.


Here you can see the smaller half of the Vintage Nameplate that I placed among the papers on the pages right, and just above it you can see the awesome arrows I stenciled using Dusty Attic's great new Feather and Arrows Stencil.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed my post! 

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page....loving the touches of black with the washi & the feathers are awesome......also, really like how you've coloured up the title chippy:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always admire your work & this layout is no exception. Love the details. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layers and details are always so eye catching...can not get enough of all the detail in your work!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanx for stopping by and for taking the time to leave your lovely comments.... xoxox!!!